Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal (Lux #3)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published December 11th 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Paperback, 382 pages


No one is like Daemon Black. 

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on. 

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.--Goodreads

Warning: May Contain Spoliers on other Lux novels!
You have been warned!
Awesomesauce book! 5 Stars!
Review: 
I. Have. Been. Waiting. For. This. Book. For. Forever!!! (aka since I finished Onyx, which might as well have been forever ago) And now I have to wait another forever for the next novel???! 

Jennifer L. Armentrout has done it again! Opal is (so far) my favorite of the Lux series. Opal is one of those novels that makes you go ughhh, I just NEED to know what happens next! Word of advice: This novel ends on a cliff-hanger, so if you don't like cliff-hangers or if you don't like/want to wait forever for the next book, you might want to wait a few months to read Opal, since the next Lux book doesn't come out for another 6 months (July 2013; mark that on your calendars! I know I did, LOL). 

Daemon and Kat, two characters I can not get enough of! Can I just say for the 50th time of how much I love the Lux series? I LOVE the Lux series sooooo much! I may even like the Lux better than I like the Covenant series, which is saying a lot because I love the Covenant series! 

Ok so about the book... Daemon and Kat's adventures against the DOD continues! Dawson came back!!!!!! He's a little bit messed up since the DOD caught and jailed him, but he's back! All Dawson wants to do is get Beth back, so our Luxens go to get Beth back. The action(battling the bad guys) in this novel was not as intense as the action in Onyx, but there was a good amount of action. There is definitely a lot more deaths in this novel then in the others, some (most) of them were deaths of people you would not have expected to die.

You need this book! It's hard to tell you about the awesomeness of this novel, so you need to read this book!


Purchase this novel at: Amazon / B&N / TBD

2 comments:

  1. I'm so waiting on the next book in this series!! I can't get enough Daemon and Katy. They're so cute. I think Onyx is still my fav in the series, but Opal left me dying to find out what happens next!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of them either! Katy makes my day and Daemon makes me want to kiss him.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! We really appreciate your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...