Saturday, February 9, 2013

Review: The Temptation by Alisa Valdes

The Temptation (Kindred #1) 
By Alisa Valdes
Publish: April 24th 2012 
Publisher: HarperTeen
Paperback, 320 pages


His touch was electric.
His eyes were magnetic.
His lips were a temptation....
But was he real? 

After crashing her car on an empty highway, Shane is miraculously saved by Travis, a mysterious cowboy who walks out of nowhere. She is instantly attracted to him, and for the first time, she believes in “soul mates.” But Shane soon discovers that Travis is dead and that strict rules from the Underworld govern kindred spirits of different dimensions. Breaking these rules could destroy both their souls. And while Travis is almost impossible to resist, temptation proves to be the kindest enemy they encounter.

Can true love surpass the power of pure evil? Part love story, part supernatural thriller, this first book in the Kindred trilogy will leave readers lusting for more!--Goodreads

4 Stars
Review:

Ok so the synopsis is extremely cheesy, but this novel really surprised me because it was a really good novel. It was one of those novels that you finish reading and think that's it? Where's the rest of the book? I need to read the second novel! I'm the least patient person that I know, so waiting 6 months for the second novel is basically torture. 

The beginning for me was so slow. It took me a few days to get through the first 40 pages! But after that the story really picks up and it got really interesting.

Travis was kind of creepy in the beginning, but as his story unfolds (BTW: his story was were the problem stems off from) it explained the creepiness of Travis.

Random Thought: I would love to read a story from Randy's  (Travis' older brother who witness and remembered his father's death) POV. 

To me this plot was really unique. The elements that went into this story was extremely interesting. I like the idea of a Kindred and how ghosts can be a solid person.



Purchase this novel at: Amazon / B&N / TBD

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. These kinds of ghost/afterlife stories aren't usually my thing. I think that most times with these kinds of books the authors seem to always use instalove and justify it by saying the characters are connected in some paranormal-ish way. That's what the synopsis sounds like, but since you said that it's better than the synopsis I'll have to give this one a chance. Thanks for the review :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this book.. need to know if there will be a second.. Any ideas if or when?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know any details, but I believe there is a sequel! :)

      Jenny@YAN

      Delete

Please share your thoughts! We really appreciate your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...